- Job Offers
- PhD STUDENT
Laboratory of Neurodegeneration
The Laboratory of Neurodegeneration at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw is looking for a PhD student who will participate in the implementation of the SONATA BIS project "STIM proteins as new regulators of NMDA receptor trafficking in neurons" funded by the National Science Centre. The doctoral student will conduct research using primary cultures of cortical neurons and various biochemical, cell biology and molecular biology methods and confocal microscopy. The planned tasks also include the analysis of the obtained data, the preparation of the doctoral dissertation, reports and manuscripts of the publication.
• Master's degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related studies or a student of the last year of master's studies, who will defend their master's thesis before starting the scholarship
• Experience in laboratory work
• An additional advantage will be the experience in the application of methods in the field of protein biochemistry, molecular biology and microscopic techniques
• The ability to work with animals and cell cultures is welcome
• Fluency in English
• High average grade from studies
• Interest in neurobiological research and aptitude for scientific work, perseverance and accuracy in manual work, independence, good organization of work, analytical thinking
• Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
• It is expected that during the period of employment at the Institute, the student will not undertake any other work
• Full-time research position (no teaching obligations) in an international team in one of the leading scientific institutions in the country.
• A scholarship funded from the SONATA BIS project in the amount of PLN 3,500 net / month for a period of four years.
• Opportunity to participate in national and international courses and conferences.
Maximum employment period: 48 months
Beginning of employment: 1 X 2018 (to be determined)
Procedure and deadline for receipt of applications: until May 15, 2018
How to apply:
Interested candidates are kindly asked to provide:
1. Motivation letter
2. Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications, conference abstracts and other achievements (awards, participation in training, research projects)
3. A scan of your university degree certificates/diplomas, including the obtained grades/scores
4. Reviews of the master's thesis if available
5. A list of previously used research techniques
6. Two letters of recommendation - at least one should be from your direct supervisor
Please include in your CV the following clause: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview with the recruitment committee, which will take place at the IIMCB at the turn of May and June 2018. The competition is open. The procedure will be carried out in accordance with the regulations of NCN and IIMCB. All candidates will be notified about the results of the recruitment procedure by e-mail. In addition, the recruitment results will be published on the website of IIMCB.