- Job Offers
- PhD Student position
PhD Student position
Laboratory of Protein Metabolism in Development and Aging
Laboratory of Protein Metabolism in Development and Aging at the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Wojciech Pokrzywa, is seeking productive and highly motivated Ph.D. student to join a project that will address how the ubiquitin-proteasome system modulates the methionine metabolism, methylation potential of the cell and epigenetic memory using C. elegans as an animal model. In addition, the proposed research will have broad implications for the understanding of methionine metabolism regulation in health and disease, and proteostasis mechanisms in general. The project "The regulation of methionine metabolism by the ubiquitin-proteasome system” is carried out as the FIRST TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The PhD student will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
We are hosted by IIMCB (www.iimcb.gov.pl), the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institute in biology, with cutting-edge equipment and facilities, in particular for bioinformatics, experimental molecular and structural biology.
As a PhD student: You will be in charge of experiments in C. elegans (including imaging tasks and generation of worm lines). You will be also involved in planning and conducting molecular biology experimental analyses.
• MSc in genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related discipline (required)
• Documented laboratory experience in at least one of the following disciplines: genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry (required)
• A strong motivation for basic scientific research
• Good skills to plan and execute experiments
• Eligibility for Ph.D. studies in Poland
• Have very good written and oral communication in English
• Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
• Full-time Ph.D. scholarship for 36 months
• 4500 PLN of full stipend cost per month
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is November 8th, 2018. Job starting date is December 1st, 2018.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "FirstTeam_Pokrzywa" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
• The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.