- Job Offers
- Student position
Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics
The Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics at the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Cecilia Winata, is seeking a Master’s Student to join the project "Genomics dissection of the heart pacemaker”. This project is carried out under the FIRST TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
We are hosted by the IIMCB (http://iimcb.gov.pl), the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institute in biology, with cutting-edge equipment and facilities, in particular for bioinformatics, experimental molecular and structural biology.
As a Master’s student you will be involved in performing functional screens for candidate genes regulating heart pacemaker development and generating mutant zebrafish lines using CRISPR mutagenesis as a model for pacemaker deficiency.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or related field
• Good understanding of basic principles in molecular biology, genetics, developmental biology, and biochemistry
• Proficiency in English language
• Prior experience in lab work, especially involving animal models
• Fellowship according to the FNP standard (1500 – 2200 PLN/month) for 14 months (with possibility of extension up to 18 months)
• The chance to work in an interdisciplinary team of dynamic and friendly scientists
• The opportunity to work with the zebrafish model animal and learn to apply state of the art genome editing and microscopy techniques, and other related methods.
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is October 15th, 2018. Job starting date is November 1st, 2018.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "FirstTeam_Winata" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least one referee.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
• The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.