- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral position
Laboratory of Structural Biology
The Laboratory of Structural Biology at the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Matthias Bochtler, invites applications from motivated and talented postdoc to join an FNP TEAM funded project entitled „The interplay between epigenomics and DNA repair” that will address the role of ten-eleven-translocation (TET) proteins in active DNA demethylation and DNA repair.
The project, which will be carried out in collaboration with Prof. Tomasz Jurkowski (Stuttgart University, Germany) aims to elucidate biochemical properties of TET enzymes, downstream DNA repair pathways recruited for active DNA demethylation, and a possible role of TET proteins in the DNA damage response, as well as in DNA damage checkpoints. The project also has a chemical biology component, to pharmacologically control the properties of TET enzymes in cells or zebrafish as an animal model of TET activity.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates interested in a long-term collaboration, possibly in the role of a senior scientist. The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
We are hosted by IIMCB (http://iimcb.gov.pl), the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institute in biology, with cutting-edge equipment and facilities, in particular for bioinformatics, experimental molecular and structural biology.
• Hold a doctoral degree/PhD in in molecular biology, biochemistry, or genetics, obtained for no longer than 5 years
• Have laboratory experience in at least two of these areas
• Experience in chemical biology, X-ray crystallography, in the analysis of high throughput sequencing data, or with zebrafish as an animal model
• Ability to plan and execute research program
• Strong motivation for basic scientific research
• Experience with manuscript preparation
• Have very good written and oral communication skills in English
• Have very good presentation skills
• We offer full-time employment contract for one year initially, with a possibility of extension for the duration of the project (36 months in total).
• Net salary:
- 1st year – 6100 PLN
- 2nd year – 7000 PLN
- 3rd year – 8000 PLN
• Position with 100% focus on research, no teaching obligations
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is November 15th, 2018. Job starting date is December 1st, 2018.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "Team_Bochtler" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
• The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.