- Job Offers
- PhD Student position
PhD Student position
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Jacek Jaworski is looking for a PhD student.
You will join the project entitled “mTOR kinase impact on cellular functions of selected molecular motors”, which is carried out as the OPUS 2016/21/B/NZ3/03639 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The main goal of this project is to test the hypothesis that during neuronal development mTOR modulates the dynamics of motor-adaptor interaction thus contributing to the adjustment of intracellular transport to the needs of growing cell. At the same time, we plan to check whether disturbance of the process may be involved in the development of tuberous sclerosis, a disease arising from excessive activity of mTOR, resulting in several neurodevelopmental symptoms. The proposed research will be conducted on several levels of complexity.
The PhD student will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 96/2016 dated October 27, 2016 r.) and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources
As a PhD student you will be involved in performing experimental work, analysis of obtained results and presenting the obtained results at the scientific seminars and meetings.
1. Holds a master degree in biology, biotechnology, biophysics or pharmacy
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition
3. Is eligible for PhD studies in Poland
4. Has already experimental expertise optimally in molecular and cell biology, microscopy etc.
5. Has very good written and oral communication skills in English
6. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
• Full-time PhD scholarship for 20 months (with possibility for extension after grant completion)
• 3000 PLN of full fellowship cost per month
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is January 07th, 2019. Job starting date is February 1st, 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "PhD_OPUS_LMCN" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact to your MSc Supervisor.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.