- Job Offers
- Postdoc position
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Jacek Jaworski is looking for a Postdoc to join an FNP TEAM funded project entitled „ Molecular mechanism of dendritic arbor stability and its relation to mood disorders”.
The Postdoc will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 96/2016 dated October 27, 2016 r.) and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
As a Postdoc: You will be responsible for planning and conducting experimental work with cell cultures and laboratory animals (fish and mice) including brain surgery, microinjections, behavioural analysis, immunohistochemistry, microscopy. You will be involved in data analysis and manuscript preparation. You will also assist in coordinating daily activities and supervising of the PhD students.
1. Hold a doctoral degree/PhD for no longer than 5 years (received no earlier than in January 2013)
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition
3. Have strong expertise in background in neurobiology including experience with brain injections, histochemistry and behavioral analysis
4. Experience with molecular and cell biology methods
5. Has an ability to plan and execute research program
6. Strong motivation for basic scientific research
7. Has an experience with manuscript preparation
8. Have very good written and oral communication skills in English
9. Have very good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
10. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
11. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
• Full employment contract for 33 months
• Net salary:
- 1st year – 6000 PLN
- 2nd year – 7000 PLN
- 3rd year – 8000 PLN
• Position with 100% focus on research, no teaching obligations
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is January 15th, 2019. Job starting date is February 1st, 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "Postdoc_LMCN" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.