- Job Offers
- Postdoc position
Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics
Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics (https://zdglab.iimcb.gov.pl/) at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Cecilia L. Winata, is looking for Postdoctoral Fellow. We are looking for a motivated person to join international team studying development processes by applying mathematical modeling approach to study heart development in the zebrafish model organism.
You will join the project entitled Mathematical modeling of gene regulatory network of zebrafish heart development”. Transcription factors exert their vital role in regulating development by regulating the expression their target genes. Therefore, to understand heart development, it is important to study the interactions between cardiac TFs and their targets, as well as the multiple feedback regulatory loops that characterize these interactions. The aim of the project is to apply mathematical modeling to study molecular regulation and interactions in heart development on a global scale.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
1. Holds a doctoral degree in computational biology or mathematics
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition
3. Has strong expertise in mathematical modeling of biological systems
4. Has very good written and oral communication skills in English
5. Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference).
6. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
7. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal.
• Full employment contract
• Net salary about 5000 PLN/month
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is January 20th, 2019. Job starting date is February 1st 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "Postdoc_ZDG" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.