- Job Offers
- (LAP) / Research Assistant
(LAP) / Research Assistant
Laboratory of Structural Biology
Scope of duties:
The candidate will report to the lab leader and support the laboratory in administrative duties, which includes but not limited to:
• Manage orders of research equipment and materials, including search, communication, and negotiation with suppliers. Keep track and ensure the completion of ordering process.
• Documentation of laboratory equipment and supplies, maintain and update lab databases, and cooperate with finances department regarding the registry for lab assets
• Cooperate with external suppliers to provide maintenance to lab equipment when necessary
• Maintain financial documents related to lab operation
• Prepare forecasts related to lab expenses
• Cooperate with various administrative departments and external parties to organize various procedures such as business travel of lab members, visits by external guests hosted by the laboratory, employment of new laboratory staff, and enrolment of new graduate students
• Provide support to new foreign staff in the laboratory in administrative matters pertaining to searching for accommodation, application for residences, setting up bank account, coordinating health screening visits, and other matters related to daily life.
• Provide support to academic projects through cooperation with Scientific Cooperation Unit in drafting administrative parts of project application, drafting annexes and reports for grant contract, and monitoring project expenses.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Will for a long term commitment
• Motivation and initiative
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Good communication skills, good command of English language
• Ability to work in a team and to cooperate with different departments in the institute
• Experience in project management would be an asset
• Experience in scientific research and basic knowledge of biology/chemistry
Beginning: March 1st, or according to individual arrangement
• Pleasant working environment in the top research institution in Poland.
• Long term and stable employment
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours
How to apply:
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause.
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.