- Job Offers
- LAB Support Specialist
LAB Support Specialist
Auresine Strategic Programme
The Auresine Strategic Programme at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Dr Izabela Sabała, is looking for a candidate for half-time position: Laboratory Support Specialist.
The Auresine Team is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Auresine team is focused on development of commercial applications for a patented bacteriolytic enzyme, Auresine. The enzyme can be used in diagnostic tests, as a food bioprotectant, to decontaminate various surfaces in industry and hospitals, and as a component of hygiene products for animals and humans. We implement basic research techniques for further structural and biochemical characterization of the protein to broaden our knowledge on the regulation of activity and determination of enzyme specificity. It provides scientific basis for structure-designed enzyme engineering. More at www.auresine.com.
As a LAB Support Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Management of complete order process of consumables and equipment (communication
with suppliers, price negotiation, documentation)
- Maintenance of lab equipment and communication with appropriate service if needed
- Management of laboratory budget: monitoring of spending in particular projects,
and preparing forecast of lab expenses
- Providing support in grant and other application’s writing
- Supporting of team members in various procedures, e.g. business travel, external guests visits hosted by the team, new staff recruitment
- Experience in research
- Very good organizational skills and attention to details (previous experience in lab/project management will be an advantage).
- Good communication skills, good command of English
- Ability to work with all team members and communicate with various departments
in the Institute
- Pleasant working environment in the top research institution in Poland
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
How to apply:
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.