- Job Offers
- PhD Student
Laboratory of Structural Biology
Laboratory of Structural Biology at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Matthias Bochtler is looking for a PhD student to join the project „The interplay between epigenomics and DNA repair (POIR.04.04.00-00-5D81/17-00)”. The project is carried out under the TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
The PhD student will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
• MSc degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, structural biology, molecular biology or related area (defended before the start of the work on the project)
• Eligibility for Ph.D. studies in Poland under the supervision of prof. Bochtler
• A proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude.
• Priority will be given to candidates with expertise most relevant to the project and to the profile of the laboratory
• Have very good written and oral communication in English
• Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
• Full-time Ph.D. scholarship for 30 months
• 4500 PLN of full stipend cost per month
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is March 30th, 2019. Job starting date is April, 15th, 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "PhD-Team-TET" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause.
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.