- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral researcher
Laboratory of Structural Biology
Laboratory of Structural Biology at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB), headed by Prof. Matthias Bochtler is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the project „The interplay between epigenomics and DNA repair (POIR.04.04.00-00-5D81/17-00)”. The project is carried out within the TEAM programme under POIR of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The project provides opportunities for extensive interdisciplinary collaborations within the team and in the institute (e.g. with software developers, molecular modelers and experimentalists), as well as international collaborations with academia and industry. The selected candidate will have many chances to make his/her collaborative research a success and will be expected to present your results at scientific conferences and co-authorize scientific publications.
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be responsible for establishment of: cellular assays to probe the role of DNA repair factors in active demethylation; cellular assays to probe DNA stability in wild-type and TET-deficient cells.
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
Requirements for the candidate:
1. Holds a doctoral degree in biological sciences or related fields specifically molecular biology, biochemistry, or genetics, awarded not longer than five years ago (obtained no earlier than 01/01/2013).
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition.
3. Has experience in epigenomics and/or DNA repair.
4. Has experience in cell culture work and microscopy.
5. Has motivation and passion for experimental work.
6. Has very good written and oral communication skills in English
7. Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference).
8. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
9. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal.
• Full employment contract for 24 months with a possibility of extension
• Net salary about :
1st year– approximately 6 000 PLN net
2nd year – approximately 7 000 PLN net
3rd year – approximately 8000 PLN net
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is September 1st, 2019. Job starting date November 1st , 2019 (the starting date can be negotiated).
How to apply:
• In the subject include "Postdoc-Team-TET" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain copies of diploma and PhD, a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.