- Job Offers
- Postdoc position
Laboratory of Biomolecular Interactions and Transport
Laboratory of Biomolecular Interactions and Transport at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by dr Jan Brezovsky is looking for Postdoctoral Fellow to work in the laboratory located in Poznan.
You will join the project entitled “Enabling routine and reliable analysis of transport tunnels in proteins”, which is carried out as the OPUS 2017/25/B/NZ1/01307 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The primary goal of this project is to enable the study of properties and dynamics of functionally relevant transport tunnels that are essential for a proper function of numerous proteins by connecting their buried functional sites with the bulk solvent.
The successful candidate will study mechanisms regulating transport of small molecules through biomedically and biotechnologically relevant proteins by the state-of-the-art computational methods and be involved in the development of novel methods for thereof.
As a Postdoc: you will be responsible for studying the role of ligand transport in enzyme function, development of methods to study ligand transport, carrying out large-scale analysis of biologically relevant enzymes.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
Jan Brezovsky is a head of the Laboratory of Biomolecular Interactions and Transport jointly at Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan and the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Requirements for the candidate:
1. Holds a doctoral degree/Ph.D. in in biophysics, bioinformatics, computational chemistry, biochemistry, or related field at the moment of starting the job
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/2019/uchwala31_2019-zal1_ang.pdf, in particular section 2.1.1
3. Has strong expertise in molecular dynamics simulations, preferably with AMBER package
4. Has good working knowledge of Linux & intermediate programming skills, preferably Python
5. Has very good written and oral communication skills in English
6. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
7. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
• Full employment contract for Initially for 1 year with possible extension to maximum of 23 months
• Net salary about 7600 PLN/month
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is November 3rd, 2019. Job starting date is December 1st, 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "Postdoc OPUS_LBT" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV including a full list of publications, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisors
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.