- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral researcher position
Postdoctoral researcher position
Laboratory of Protein Structure
Laboratory of Protein Structure International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Marcin Nowotny is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher.
You will join the project entitled “Mechanism of RNA ligation in maturation of transfer RNAs”, which is carried out as the OPUS 2019/33/B/NZ1/02839 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. This project will provide detailed information how interesting and important tRNA ligase proteins work, which is currently not fully understood.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher: you will be responsible for expression and purification of proteins and their complexes. You will carry out biochemical characterization of enzymatic activity. You will be involved in preparation of the samples for cryo-EM data collection, EM data collection, structure solution, refinement and analysis.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates interested in a long-term collaboration, possibly in the role of a senior scientist. The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Requirements for the candidate:
1. Holds a doctoral degree/Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, or related field at the moment of starting the job
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/regulaminy/koszty_w_projektach_badawczych.pdf in particular section 2.1.1
3. Has strong expertise in protein expression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems, protein purification, biochemical tests of enzymatic activity, preferably for nucleic acid enzymes
4. Has very good written and oral communication skills in English
5. Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
6. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
7. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
8. Candidates with experience in structural biology methods (protein crystallography and/or cryo-EM) will be preferred.
· Full employment contract for 36 months
· Gross salary about 7600 PLN/month
· Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
· Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
· Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
· Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is February 1st, 2020. Job starting date is April 1st, 2020.
How to apply:
· In the subject include "Postdoc OPUS_LPS" and your first and last name.
· Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV including a full list of publications, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisors
· Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.