- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral researcher
Laboratory of Developmental Zebrafish Genomics
Laboratory of Developmental Zebrafish Genomics at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Dr. Cecilia Winata is looking for Postdoctoral Bioinformatician.
You will join the project entitled “Shedding new light on genome's dark matter: identification of novel long non-coding RNAs in zebrafish” led by Dr. Barbara Uszczyńska-Ratajczak and carried out as the OPUS 2018/31/B/NZ2/01940 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The primary goal of this project is to improve the annotation of long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in zebrafish and broaden our understanding of lncRNA biology by establishing the evolutionary conservation of lncRNAs across human, mouse and zebrafish.
As a Postdoctoral researcher: you will focus on the development of approaches and workflows for annotating zebrafish lncRNAs using the Next Generation Sequencing data (short- and long-read RNA sequencing, CAGE). The candidate will also be involved in studying the genomic properties of identified lncRNAs and analysis of their evolutionary conservation across selected species.
The successful candidate will work in a team of bioinformaticians in an interdisciplinary environment spanning molecular and developmental biology, bioinformatics, genomics and transcriptomics. The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Requirements for the candidate:
1. Holds PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or Life sciences related field
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/koszty_w_projektach_opus16_preludium16_sonata14.pdf in particular section 2.1.1.
3. Has experience in bioinformatics with Next Generation Sequencing
4. Has Experience working with Git
5. Has good working knowledge of Linux & intermediate programming skills, preferably Python and R
6. Has knowledge of Nextflow or Snakemake would be an advantage
7. Has excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team
8. Has professional working proficiency in English
9. Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
10. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
1. Full employment contract initially for 1 year with possible extension to 23 months
2. Gross salary about 7600 PLN/month
3. Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
4. Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
5. Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
6. Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is February 15th, 2020. Job starting date is as soon as possible thereafter.
How to apply:
2. In the subject include "Postdoc OPUS_ZDG" and your first and last name
3. Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV including a full list of publications, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, representative sample of your code/scripts, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisors
4. Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.