- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral researcher
Laboratory of Protein Structure
Laboratory of Protein Structure at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Marcin Nowotny is looking for Postdoctoral Researcher.
You will join the project entitled “Biochemical and structural studies of retroviral reverse transcriptases evolution“ led by Dr. Elżbieta Nowak and carried out as the OPUS 2016/21/B/NZ1/02757 grant of the Polish National Science Centre.
The aim of this project is to understand the evolution of retroviral reverse transcriptases (RTs). These are intriguing enzymes with polymerase and RNase H activities that jointly catalyze the conversion of the single-stranded RNA of a retrovirus or a retroelement to double-stranded DNA that is integrated in the cellular DNA.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher: you will be involved in production of protein using different expression systems, purification of proteins, crystallization and structure determination as well as biochemical studies on reverse transcription.
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Requirements for the candidate:
1. Holds PhD in in biological sciences or related fields
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition https://www.ncn.gov.pl/userfiles/file/konkursy_ogloszone_2016-03-15/opus11-zal5.pdf in particular section 2.1.1.
3. Has solid knowledge and documented laboratory experience in at least one of the following disciplines: structural biology, molecular biology, biochemistry
4. Has excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team
5. Has professional working proficiency in English
6. Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
7. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
1. Full employment contract initially for 1 year .
2. Gross salary about 7600 PLN/month
3. Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
4. Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
5. Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
6. Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is February 15th, 2020. Job starting date is April 1st, 2020.
How to apply:
2. In the subject include "Postdoc OPUS_LPS" and your first and last name
3. Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV including a full list of publications, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, representative sample of your code/scripts, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisors
4. Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.