- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral Researcher
Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics
Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics (https://zdglab.iimcb.gov.pl/) at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Dr. Cecilia L. Winata, is lookingfor Postdoctoral Researcher to work on a collaborative project with the group of Prof. Agnieszka Chacinska on mitochondrial biogenesis by applying genomics methods, in particular gene expression profiling in time and space, in combination with proteomics, genetics, and biochemistry
You will join the project concentrated on mitochondria-derived stress responses shaping gene expression in higher eukaryotic models. The project provides unique opportunity to develop cross-disciplinary research by applying a combination of biochemistry and cutting-edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) techniques under collaboration with team members and external collaborators.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
1. Holds a doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, statistics
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition
3. Has strong expertise in biochemistry, genomics, molecular biology and similar
4. Has very good written and oral communication skills in English
5. Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
6. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
7. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
1. Full employment contract for 6 months with the possibility of prolongation
2. Gross salary about 6300 PLN/month
3. Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
4. Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
5. Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
Deadline for applications is May 15th, 2020. Job starting date is June 15th 2020 or as soon as possible after this date.
How to apply:
• In the subject include „Postdoc mitogenomics” and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.