- Job Offers
- PhD positions
PhD positions in Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease
The newly created Dioscuri Centre for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw headed by Dr hab. Gracjan Michlewski is looking for two PhD student positions. You will join the Dioscuri Centre supported by the Max Planck Society, and the National Science Centre 2019/02/H/NZ1/00002. Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence provides generous funding and mentoring to establish future-oriented research with international standards of scientific quality. It is inked to an internationally recognized researcher Prof. Juri Rappsilber from Berlin Technical University.
The project aims to uncover the roles of novel RNA-binding proteins in virus infections (including influenza A virus, coronavirus and other RNA viruses), identifying and characterizing RNA-binding proteins that interact with viral RNAs and testing their roles in innate immune pathways. As a PhD student you will be responsible for performing experiments, analyzing data, collaborating with other team members, preforming literature search, participating in lab meeting, participating in national and international conferences as well as writing thesis and publications.
The PhD student will subsequently be required to apply to the Warsaw-4-PhD doctoral school via website https://warsaw4phd.eu/en/candidates/admissions/ (the application system will be activated from 22nd December, deadline for sending application 5th January).
For more information, please follow the link https://warsaw4phd.eu/en/documents/ via https://warsaw4phd.eu/en/index-en/ according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 25/2019 dated March 14, 2019 r.), recruitment procedure for the Warsaw-4-PhD and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
The Dioscuri Centre is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Requirements for the candidate:
- Holds a MSc degree in biology, biochemistry or related field
- Is eligible for PhD studies in Poland
- Has solid knowledge of the principles of cell and molecular biology, virology or biochemistry
- Possesses hands-on experience in laboratory work and is familiar with basic cell and molecular biology techniques
- Prior experience in virus handling and analysis, cell culture, mass spectrometry or bioinformatics will be an advantage
- Is proficient in written and spoken English
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team
- Full-time PhD scholarship 4 years (8 semesters) funded by the Dioscuri Centre for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease in amount: a) before the mid-term evaluation 3700 pln net/month; b) after mid-term evaluation 4500 pln net/month
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual private medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is January 5th, 2021. The summer semester at the Doctoral School shall begin on February 24th, 2021.
How to apply:
- Please include the following statement in your email: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street,02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
We would like to inform the competition for PhD Student position has been resolved, the selected candidate is Agnieszka Ariadna Bolembach.