- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral Researcher
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
Postdoctoral Researcher position
in the Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Professor Jacek Jaworski is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher.
You will join the project entitled: “The role of mTOR-Brg1 interaction in normal and aberrant neuronal activity” which is carried out as the MAESTRO (UMO-2020/38/A/NZ3/00447) grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The project aims to characterize in detail the influence of mTOR on Brg1 cellular functions in activated neurons and the role of mTOR-dependent Brg1 phosphorylation in the regulation of neuronal activity in physiology and pathology.
Laboratory interest: Research of the Laboratory of Molecular and Cell Neurobiology focuses on molecular aspects of development and stability of neuron morphology. We are especially interested in role of mTOR and mTOR related brain diseases such as Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, Epilepsy and autism. More info can be found at https://bit.ly/3kOUHm7
As a Postdoctoral Researcher you will be responsible for: planning and performing omics and biochemical experiments, more complex live imaging analysis, MEA recordings and, depending on your experience, analysis of zebrafish brain activity and behavior. You are also expected to collaborate with team members, perform literature research, participate in lab meetings and activities, write publications.
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3bf9DXw
Requirements for the candidate:
- Doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology or related fields
- Fulfilment the formal criteria of the competition https://bit.ly/3qlOsrc particular section 2.1
- High motivation, analytical skills and independent thinking
- Experience with scientific data presentation and manuscript preparation
- Ability to work in a team, good organization of work
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of principles of molecular and cell biology or neuroscience as well as statistics,
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas: 1) comprehensive analysis of gene expression (incl. RNAseq, CHIPseq, basic molecular biology and biochemistry techniques) 2) molecular and cellular neuroscience (incl. primary neuronal cultures, electrophysiological techniques and microscopy) 3) work with zebrafish model (particularly analysis of behavior)
- Willingness to learn and take new challenges, ability to work independently and to take an initiative, analytical thinking
- At least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
- Full employment contract for 60 months (initial contract for 6 month)
- Gross monthly salary: 7350 PLN/month - 7600 PLN/month, net approx. 5800 PLN/month - 6000 PLN/month (the final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, taking into account the length of service). Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working
for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year, or Christmas bonus may supplement this salary.
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including a reduced rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport program
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
- Participation in international conferences
The deadline for applications is April 11th, 2021. The job starting date is May 15th, 2021 (or as soon as possible after this date).
How to apply:
- In the subject include "Postdoc Maestro_Jaworski"and your first and last name
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV including a full list of publications, educational record, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisors
- Please include the following statement in your Curriculum vitae: "I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process." Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3c4rEH9
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
We would like to inform that the competition for Postdoctoral Researcher position has been resolved, the selected candidate is Roberto Pagano.