- Job Offers
- Junior Group Leader in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) for Biology
Junior Group Leader in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) for Biology
The International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB), Poland
invites applications for a Junior Group Leader position in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) for Biology
The IIMCB, a unique research institute in Poland where cutting-edge research meets innovation, is looking for talented, dynamic, and motivated scientists to establish their first independent research group in the area of AI/ML applied to biological problems. The IIMCB houses research groups with broad expertise in various areas of biology, from molecular studies to animal models (see more at www.iimcb.gov.pl). Excellent in-house bioinformatics research is complemented by the on-campus expertise in computer science and physics of the University of Warsaw and the Polish Academy of Sciences institutes. The prospect of a new, larger building offers the new group an unprecedented opportunity to develop and to contribute to the IIMCB's capacity to respond to new health-related societal challenges. The IIMCB’s mission is to support ambitious scientists of any nationality to pursue frontier research. The IIMCB is well connected internationally, as exemplified by the composition of the IIMCB’s International Advisory Board and the IIMCB’s membership in the EU-LIFE,
an alliance of 15 top European research institutions. In Poland, the IIMCB has the highest success rate of receiving grants from the National Science Center.
We invite candidates with an outstanding track record of scientific accomplishments in the area of AI/ML willing to apply their expertise to biological problems by developing the required methodology and tools.
The candidate is expected to conduct a competitive research program. This program may take advantage of the unique data generated at the IIMCB using cutting-edge genomics, transcriptomics, cell biology, neurobiology and bioinformatics approaches.
The IIMCB offers
- Junior Group Leader position (a full-time salary with social benefits) is tenure track, with an initial appointment of 5 years and subsequent promotion to a position with rolling tenure after positive evaluation
- Start-up funds and access to state-of-the-art equipment
- Support in applying for national and international grants
- Full organizational and administrative support by professional English-speaking staff
- Friendly, inclusive, international working environment
Applications should include
- Cover letter explaining motivation for application
- Curriculum Vitae including a publication list
- Concise statement of 1-3 scientific achievements
- Two-page summary of research plans
- Contact information for two references
The deadline for applications is February 28, 2022. Short-listed applicants will be invited for interviews during the IIMCB’s International Advisory Board meeting on May 23-24, 2022. The position is available from January 2023 with the formal appointment date set on a case by case basis.
Applications should include the statement: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.”
Your personal data will be processed only for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available on the website.