- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral Researchers
Laboratory of Protein Structure
Postdoctoral Researcher positions in Laboratory of Protein Structure
Laboratory of Protein Structure at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Marcin Nowotny is looking for two Postdoctoral Researchers to join the project entitled “Structural and mechanistic studies of replication of (+)ssRNA viruses”, which is carried out as the OPUS2021/41/B/NZ1/03620 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The project aims at the structural and mechanistic characterization of RNA replication in RNA viruses using structural biology (crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy) and protein biochemistry approaches.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher: You will be responsible for structural studies of viral replicases.
- Holds a doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, or biochemistry.
- Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition https://bit.ly/32EvANI in particular section 2.1.1
- Has experience in protein biochemistry/purification (particularly for nucleic acid enzymes), crystallography and/or cryo-EM
- Has strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference).
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal.
- Full employment contract initially for 6 months
- Gross monthly remuneration: 7350 PLN/month - 7600 PLN/month, net approx. 5800 PLN/month - 6000 PLN/month (the final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, taking into account the length of service). Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year, or Christmas bonus may supplement this salary.
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership
in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is January 10th, 2022. Job starting date is February 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible after this date.
How to apply:
- In the subject include "Postdoc_OPUS_LPS " and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors
- Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link bit.ly/3koeCsh
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.