- Job Offers
- PhD student
Laboratory of Neurodegeneration
PhD student position in the Laboratory of Neurodegeneration
Laboratory of Neurodegeneration in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Jacek Kuźnicki is looking for a PhD student.
You will join the project entitled “Experimental analysis of molecular determinants involved in epilepsy” carried out as the OPUS grant (UMO-2020/39/B/NZ3/02729) of the National Science Centre, Poland led by Vladimir Korzh, PhD.
The project aims to provide rationale for subfunctionalization of human KCNB1 mutations that cause epileptic encephalopathy of variable severity.
As a PhD student you will be responsible for generation of zebrafish mutants that mimic human mutations of KCNB1, analysis of mutant phenotypes by high-resolution bioimaging in vivo using confocal and SPIM microscopy, and behavior of larval and adult zebrafish. The transcriptome analysis (in collaboration with the Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics , IIMCB, Dr. C. Winata). Isolation of mRNA, preparation of the libraries, analysis of sequencing results.
The admissions process is conducted through the Doctoral School website system. The PhD student can apply to this specific project carried out as part of the Warsaw-4-PhD doctoral school via website https://bit.ly/3tegzul (the application system will be activated from 21st December, 2021; deadline for sending application is 4th January, 2022). For more information, please follow the link https://bit.ly/3g5tOtV
Candidates will be selected according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 25/2019 dated March 14, 2019 r.), recruitment procedure for the Warsaw-4-PhD and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3t96hMd.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Holds a Master's degree in biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Prior experience in molecular developmental biology and zebrafish studies is a bonus during
selection of candidates, but necessary training will be provided
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Willingness to learn and take new challenges, ability to work independently, analytical thinking.
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Research achievements (eg, publications or manuscripts in preparation) and experience abroad will be of advantage.
- Full-time PhD scholarship for 48 months in amount:
- before the mid-term evaluation 3700 pln net/month
- after mid-term evaluation 4500 pln net/month
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership
in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is 4th January, 2022. The winter semester at the Doctoral School shall begin on 21st February, 2022
How to apply:
- Please include the following statement in your email: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street,02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying
out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3mHTvSl