- Job Offers
- Microscopy Specialist
Microscopy and Cytometry Facility
Microscopy and Cytometry Facility at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB) in Warsaw, Poland, is looking for a Microscopy Specialist.
Our Facility is equipped with advanced light microscopes and a cell sorter, and provides service to researchers from our institute and outside. More information on our resources can be found at http://core-facility.iimcb.gov.pl
The successful applicant will be primarily responsible for Perkin Elmer‘s Opera Phenix high-content screening system. The duties will include performing imaging experiments and high-content screens, image processing and analysis, training and helping users, keeping the equipment in running condition as well as providing help with writing manuscripts and grant applications.
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3fNRBN8
Requirements for the candidate:
• MSc or PhD in life sciences
• Broad experience in fluorescence light microscopy
• At least basic experience in image analysis
• At least basic experience in cell culture
• Very good proficiency in spoken and written English
• Experience in computer science and programming is preferred
• Very good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Full-time employment contract
• Attractive salary adequate to presented skills and experience
• Participation in conferences and workshops
• Rich social benefits package, including reduced rate for private medical care and membership in the MultiSport program
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Friendly work atmosphere in a leading international research institution in Poland
How to apply:
• In the subject include "MCF Microscopy Specialist" and your first and last name
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, and contact details (e-mail and telephone number) of at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisor.
• Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/2QWu83X
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline for applications is February 28, 2022. The job starting date is as soon as possible.
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.