- Job Offers
- PhD Student
PhD student position in the Laboratory of Protein Structure
PhD student position in the Laboratory of Protein StructureLaboratory of Protein Structure in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Marcin Nowotny is looking for a PhD student.
You will join the project entitled “Structural and mechanistic studies of replication of (+)ssRNA viruses” carried out as the OPUS grant (2021/41/B/NZ1/03620) of the National Science Centre, Poland.
The project aims at the structural and mechanistic characterization of RNA replication in RNA viruses using structural biology (crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy) and protein biochemistry approaches.
As a PhD student you will be responsible for expression and purification of viral proteins and their biochemical and structural studies.
The admissions process is conducted through the Doctoral School website system. The PhD student can apply to this specific project carried out as part of the Warsaw-4-PhD doctoral school via website https://bit.ly/3tegzul (the application system will be activated from 21st May, 2022; deadline for sending application is 4th June, 2022). For more information, please follow the link https://bit.ly/3g5tOtV
Candidates will be selected according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 25/2019 dated March 14, 2019 r.), recruitment procedure for the Warsaw-4-PhD and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3t96hMd .
Requirements for the candidate:
1. Holds a Master's degree in biology, biochemistry or related field. Prior experience in molecular biology, protein purification and structural biology is a bonus during selection of candidates, but necessary training will be provided
2. Written and spoken fluency in English.
3. Willingness to learn and take new challenges, ability to work independently, analytical thinking.
4. Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative attitude.
5. Research achievements (eg, publications or manuscripts in preparation) and experience abroad will be of advantage.
1. Full-time PhD scholarship for 48 months in amount:
· before the mid-term evaluation 4000 pln net/month
· after mid-term evaluation 4500 pln net/month
2. Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
3. Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membershipin MultiSport programme
4. Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
5. Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is 04th June, 2022. The winter semester at the Doctoral School shall begin on 1st October, 2022.
How to apply:
· Please include the following statement in your email: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street,02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3mHTvSl