- Job Offers
- Postdoc Researcher
Postdoctoral Researcher positions in Laboratory of Neurodegeneration
Postdoctoral Researcher positions in Laboratory of NeurodegenerationLaboratory of Neurodegeneration ( laboratory of neurodegeneration ) at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Jacek Kuźnicki is looking for Postdoctoral Researcher to join the project entitled “Building a genomic atlas of human inner ear malformations: focus on novel genes and functional non-coding regions”, which is carried out as the OPUS 2021/41/B/NZ5/04390 grant of the Polish National Science Centre under the supervision of Vladimir Korzh, Ph.D.
The project aims to link human mutations affecting hearing with the discovery and developmental analysis of novel genes and functional non-coding regions in zebrafish.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3zwDOD2
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, you will be responsible for planning and performing experiments using tools of comparative human-zebrafish bioinformatics and zebrafish developmental genetics, presenting results at the scientific seminars and meetings, and writing scientific reports and papers.
· Holds a doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, medicine, or a related field
· Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition (NCN criteria) in particular included on the pages 58 – 59
· Has to experience in laboratory work
· Has experience in animal studies, in particular with the zebrafish model
· Has strong written and oral communication skills in English
· Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
· Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
·Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
· Full employment contract initially for 6 months, with the possibility of extension up to 48 months
· Gross monthly remuneration: 7350 PLN/month - 7600 PLN/month, net approx. 5800 PLN/month - 6000 PLN/month (the final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, taking into account the length of service). Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year, or a Christmas bonus may supplement this salary
· Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
· Benefits include reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membershipin MultiSport programme
· Full technical, administrative, and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
· Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
The deadline for applications is June 10th, 2022. The job starting date is July 1st, 2022, or as soon as possible after this date.
How to apply:
· In the subject include "Postdoc_OPUS_LN " and your first and last name.
· Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors
· Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processingof my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link information clause
·The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
Chcielibyśmy poinformować, że konkurs na stanowisko Badacz/Postdok nie został rozstrzygnięty. Nabór zostanie ogłoszony ponownie./We would like to inform you that the competition for the Postdoctoral Researcher posotion has not been resolved. The competition will be announced again.