- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral Researcher
Postdoctoral Researcher position in Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics
Postdoctoral Researcher position in Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental GenomicsLaboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics (https://zdglab.iimcb.gov.pl/) at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Cecilia L. Winata, is looking for Postdoctoral Researcher to join the project entitled “Reconstructing cardiovascular cell lineage evolution, one cell at a time”, which is carried out as the OPUS 2019/35/B/NZ2/02548 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The project provides unique opportunity to develop cross-disciplinary research by applying a combination of bioinformatics and cutting-edge single cell transcriptomics under collaboration with team members and external collaborators.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/38GLUBc
As a Postdoctoral Researcher: You will be responsible for the analysis of transcriptomic and epigenomic data to reconstruct the evolution of cardiac cell lineage diversity. The candidate will be responsible to perform literature research, participate in lab meetings and activities, write publications.
1. Holds a doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology or related field.
2. Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition https://tiny.pl/9v99c in particular section III § 4
3. Extensive experience in bioinformatics analyses of NGS data and proficiency in R, Python, or other programming languages (please provide link to your Github profile or other relevant online resources). Solid understanding of statistical principles is essential.
4. Solid understanding of the principles of molecular biology and a keen interest in the topics of developmental biology, epigenetics, regulatory genomics, or related.
5. Has excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
6. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
7. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal.
• Full employment contract initially for 6 months
• Gross monthly remuneration: 7350 PLN/month - 7600 PLN/month, net approx. 5800 PLN/month - 6000 PLN/month (the final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, taking into account the length of service). Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year, or Christmas bonus may supplement this salary.
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membershipin MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is 8th June 2022. Job starting date is 15th June 2022 or as soon as possible after this date.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "Postdoc_OPUS_ZDG" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter,a description of your key achievements, and contact details at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors• Please include the following statement in your cv: “I hereby agree to the processingof my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3akswdB
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirementsis found.
Chcielibyśmy poinformować, że konkurs na stanowisko Badacz/Postdok został rozstrzygnięty. Wybranym kandydatem jest Shikha Vashisht./We would like to inform that the competition for the position of Postdoctoal Researcher has been closed. The selected Candidate is Shikha Vashisht.