- Job Offers
- Junior Specialist position bioinformatics web developer for databases and web servers
Junior Specialist position bioinformatics web developer for databases and web servers
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Janusz M. Bujnicki, offers a position for aLaboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Janusz M. Bujnicki, offers a position for a
Junior Specialist position
bioinformatics web developer for databases and web servers
Deadline for applications: June 20th, 2022. Preferred job starting date: September 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible
As a Junior Specialist, you will be involved in the development of bioinformatics software, in particular website front ends, web servers and GUIs, as well as computational workflows, databases and data resources. The main goal of the work will be to build online user interfaces for programs developed in the team, as well as to maintain, update, and modernize web interfaces of our existing databases and web-servers. This position may be pure software development, however for candidates interested in combining software development with bioinformatics research, the work may also include participation in research projects, including bioinformatics data analyses. In such a case, as a contributor to research and software development, you may co-author scientific publications describing the relevant research.
This position is ideal for you if you are a junior bioinformatician, interested in developing front-end solutions for bioinformatics software (in particular databases and web servers), improving your skills while working in an interdisciplinary team, together with experienced software developers, molecular modelers, and experimental biologists.
• Initially a contract for specific work (umowa o dzieło) between 3-6 months, followed by: a contract of mandate (umowa zlecenie), a full-time contract (umowa o pracę), or a possibility to apply for Ph.D. school, depending on performance, eligibility, and career plans of the candidate (details to be negotiated)• Net salary commensurate with experience
• Work in a multidisciplinary, international team, in a very dynamic organization, with multiple opportunities for professional development, participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
• Administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science, or related area.
• Experience in web development with web frameworks like Django or Flask is a big advantage.
• Experience with other programming languages is an advantage. Applicants are asked to provide examples of their code for each language and programming skill they claim.
• Experience in bioinformatics web server development and bioinformatics analysis is a plus, but not required
• Proactive approach to achieving objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative and adaptive attitude
• Very good command of English (written and oral communication)
How to apply:
• In the subject of the message include "IIMCB-web-developer" and your first and last name
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain: 1) a CV, 2) a cover letter including a short description of your key successes, and your key software/web development projects you are most proud of, 3) contacts to at least two potential referees. At this stage, please do not attach copies of diplomas, etc.
• Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3guEMJ7• We will contact only selected best candidates, who may be given additional questions and tasks as a part of the recruitment process
• The competition may be extended or repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found
The Junior Specialist will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/35tXdaq.