- Job Offers
- Postdoctoral researcher in molecular and structural biology of RNA: focus on RNA modifications
Postdoctoral researcher in molecular and structural biology of RNA: focus on RNA modifications
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Janusz M. Bujnicki, offers a position for aLaboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Janusz M. Bujnicki, offers a position for a
in molecular and structural biology of RNA: focus on RNA modifications
Deadline for applications: July 31th, 2022. Preferred job starting date: September 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, you will be involved in interdisciplinary experimental analyses of RNA structure focused on mechanistic, structure-level understanding of how posttranscriptional modifications influence RNA folding, its ability to form alternative 3D structures, and interactions with other molecules.
This position is ideal for you if you have solid experience in experimental analyses of RNA structure and interactions, and/or detection and characterization of RNA modifications, and if you wish to learn new techniques of integrative structural biology, including experimental research and computational modeling.
• Full-time contract (“umowa o pracę”) for 36 months
• Gross monthly remuneration: 7350 PLN/month - 7600 PLN/month, net approx. 5800 PLN/month - 6000 PLN/month (the final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, taking into account the length of service). Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year, or Christmas bonus may supplement this salary.
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in the MultiSport program
• Work in a multidisciplinary, international team, in a very dynamic organization, with multiple opportunities for professional development, participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
• Administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Ph.D. in any relevant area (e.g., biology, chemistry, etc.), defended no more than 7 years before the start of the contract (according to the rules of the funding agency)
• Fulfillment of formal criteria of the competition in particular section 2.1.1: https://bit.ly/3cLloW0
• Significant background in RNA biochemistry and molecular biology, including RNA sequencing by NGS-based methods and at least one of the following techniques: 1) experimental detection of modified residues in RNA, 2) RNA structure analysis by chemical or enzymatic probing, 3) analyses of macromolecular interactions by spectroscopic techniques and calorimetry, 4) macromolecular crystallization and X-ray crystallography,
• Expertise and competence in designing and carrying out scientific experiments and in interpreting their results
• Experience in writing manuscripts for publication and in scientific presentations
• Proactive approach to achieving objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative and adaptive attitude
• Very good organizational skills, especially project and time management skills
• Very good command of English (written and oral communication) and presentation skills
How to apply:
• In the subject of the message include " IIMCB-postdoc-RNAmods-structure" and your first and last name
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain: 1) a CV, 2) a cover letter including a short description of your key achievements and explicit responses to the following questions: What are your scientific interests and how do they relate to requirements of the position offered? What are your key strengths? What do you know about our laboratory and why do you want to work with us?, 3) contacts to at least two potential referees, including your Ph.D. supervisor. At this stage, please do not attach copies of diplomas, etc.
• Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3guEMJ7
• We will contact only selected best candidates, who may be given additional questions and tasks as a part of the recruitment process
• The competition may be extended or repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/35tXdaq.
This position is offered within a project entitled “Unraveling the influence of posttranscriptional modifications on RNA 3D structure formation and its dynamics, with the integrated use of theoretical and experimental approaches” carried out as the OPUS grant of the Polish National Science Centre (UMO-2020/37/B/NZ2/02456).