- Job Offers
- Research Specialist in Dioscuri Centre
Research Specialist in Dioscuri Centre
Research Specialist in Dioscuri Centre
of Scientific Excellence for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease funded by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange Polish Returns Programme (NAWA PP)
The Dioscuri Centre for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease https://cutt.ly/eCk2azB at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw headed by Prof. dr hab. Gracjan Michlewski is inviting applications for a Research Specialist.
You will join the Dioscuri Centre supported by the Max Planck Society, and the National Science Centre.Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence provides generous funding and mentoring to establish future-oriented research with international standards of scientific quality. It is inked to an internationally recognized researcher Prof. Juri Rappsilber from Berlin Technical University. You will work on the project funded by NAWA PP PPN/PPO/2020/1/00006/DEC/1 “Regulation of microRNAs for the treatment and understanding the etiology of Parkinson’s disease”.
As a Research Specialist you will be participating in investigating cellular pathways and RNA-binding proteins that control the biogenesis of neuronal microRNAs (miRNAs), implicated in Parkinson’s disease (PD). You will be also implementing novel drug discovery platform, based on RNA-Protein Interactions in Eukaryotic Cell Extracts with Confocal Nanoscanning (RP-CONA) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34107032 (Zhu et al. NAR 2021) to screen for specific compounds that modulate RNA-protein interactions. This screen will help identifying molecules that decrease the levels of alpha-Synuclein, the main culprit behind the PD, and will provide lead compounds for the PD treatment.
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitmentof Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/2OBshQU
Requirements for the candidate:
1. Holds BSc or MSc degree in pharmacology, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology or related discipline
2. Has previous lab experience
3. Knowledge of RNA biology or high-throughput screening and is highly desirable
4. Has excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team
5. Displays high motivation and enthusiasm towards work
1. Full employment contract – 6 months’ probation period and extending to the start of 2025, followed by further employment opportunities connected to the laboratory funding.
2. Gross monthly salary around 5020 PLN. (Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary (after working for the institute for six months in a given calendar year), Christmas bonus and performance-based bonuses will supplement this salary). The final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, considering the length of service. The salary may be increased depending on the candidate's experience.
3. The chance to work with cutting-edge high-throughput methodologies to study RNA biology in the context of neurological disorders
4. Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual private medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
5. Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
6. Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is September 23rd, 2022. Job starting date is November 1st, 2022 or later.
How to apply:
2. In the subject include "Research Specialist_NAWA PP" and your first and last name
3. Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter with description of your key achievements, and contact details (e-mail and telephone number) of least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisor.
4. Please include the following statement in your Curriculum vitae: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3ut6yKe.