Professor Andrzej Dziembowski won the open international competition for the ERA Chairs Group Leader position at IIMCB. The Laboratory of RNA Biology will start operating in December 2019. It will be supported by the Horizon2020 ERA Chairs project entitled “MOlecular Signaling in Health and Disease - Interdisciplinary Centre of Excellence” acronym: MOSaIC.
The primary research interest of the laboratory is the regulation of gene expression at the posttranscriptional level. Currently, Prof. Dziembowski’s research is focused on two areas:
• Analysis of the function of processive ribonucleases, which through RNA degradation shape the transcriptomes of eukaryotic cells
• Analysis of cytoplasmic poly(A) and poly(U) polymerases which add nontemplated nucleotides to the 3’ ends of RNA molecules affecting their stability and biological functions
More information about the research conducted by Prof. Dziembowski’s group on the lab website.
The Laboratory of RNA Biology led by Profesor Andrzej Dziembowski is seeking highly motivated individuals at various scientific levels and different scientific background to join our group. We are especially looking for people experienced/interested in:
- RNA biology
- Usage of mouse and/or C. elegans as experimental models
We offer positions for postdoctoral researchers, PhD students and research technicians on a competitive basis.
We are currently looking for:
• Postdoctoral researchers (2 positions), gross remuneration ~8400 PLN/month (for more specific information for particular positions please visit job offers: MAESTRO NCN Postdoc and MOSAIC Postdoc)
• Research Technicians (3 positions), gross remuneration ~4200 – 5600 PLN/month, depending on experience (for more specific information for particular positions please visit job offer)
• PhD Students (2 positions) (for more specific information for particular positions please visit job offer)
Deadline for applications is October 23rd, 2019. Preferred job starting date is December 1st, 2019 (or as soon as possible).
How to apply:
- Apply now (before the deadline of October 23rd, 2019) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject include your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain: 1) a CV, 2) a cover letter including a short description of your key achievements and explicit responses to the following questions: What are your scientific interests and how do they relate to requirements of the position offered? What are your key strengths? What do you know about our laboratory and why do you want to work with us?, 3) contacts to at least two potential referees, including your MSc/PhD supervisor. At this stage, please do not attach copies of diplomas, etc.
- Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
- Best candidate(s) may be given additional questions and tasks as a part of the recruitment process.
- The competition may be extended or repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
All Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence