- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- PhD student
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
We are looking for a junior scientist, interested in software development, cheminformatics, bioinformatics, and molecular modeling, and motivated to develop a career in an interdisciplinary and international team.
The project "Modeling of dynamic interactions between RNA and small molecules and its practical applications." (PI: prof. Janusz Bujnicki) is carried out as the TEAM/2016-3/18 grant of the Foundation for Polish Science. The PhD student will be selected from candidates in the open competition, according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships in research projects funded by the FNP.
The goal of the project is to develop new methods for modeling the structure and dynamics of RNA interactions with small chemical molecules and to analyze the interactions experimentally. You will be involved in collaborative software development (coding in Python and in C/C++) and in computational modeling, virtual screening for drug candidates etc. The project provides opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations within the team, in the institute (with theoreticians and experimentalists), as well as with international partners from academia and industry.
• MSc in computer science, life sciences or related area (defended before the start of the work on the project)
• Eligibility for PhD studies in Poland under the supervision of prof. Bujnicki
• Documented experience in programming in C/C++
• Proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude
• Experience in cheminformatics, bioinformatics, molecular modeling etc. is advantageous, but not essential.
• Priority will be given to candidates with expertise most relevant to the project and to the profile of the laboratory.
• PhD fellowship 3500 PLN/month
• Appointment starting between April and October 2018, funding guaranteed initially for 3 years, possible extension.
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
How to apply:
• We will collect applications until April 9th 2018
• In the subject include "PhD-TEAM-software" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter (What is your scientific dream and how to you want to fulfill it? What are your key strengths? Why do you want to work with us?), and contacts to at least two potential referees, including at least one former or current direct supervisor.
• The application must contain the following statement to allow us to process your data: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in the job offer to be processed for the purposed of recruitment under the Data Protection Act 1997 (Dz. U. 2002 no. 101, item 926 with subs. changes)." / "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych w celach rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jedn.: Dz U. z 2002 r. Nr 101, poz 926 z późn. zm.)."
• Best candidate(s) may be given additional questions and tasks before the final interview.
• The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.