- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Postdoctoral researcher position in integrative modeling of RNA, protein, and RNP complex 3D structures
Postdoctoral researcher position in integrative modeling of RNA, protein, and RNP complex 3D structures
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow interested in bioinformatics software development and molecular modeling, motivated to lead a project and develop a career in an interdisciplinary and international team.
The project "Integrative modeling and structure determination of RNA-protein complexes” (PI: prof. Janusz Bujnicki) is carried out as the MAESTRO 2017/26/A/NZ1/01083 grant of the Polish National Science Center funded for 5 years. The postdoctoral researcher will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the National Science Centre, the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
The main goals of the grant are: 1) Development of a software package for modeling of RNA, proteins and their complexes (based on our methods PyRy3D and SimRNA/SimRNP), and 2) Experimental analyses (including structure determination with a variety of biochemical and biophysical techniques, e.g., crystallography, SAXS, AFM, cryoEM) combined with computational modeling, to determine structures for macromolecular complexes.
As a postdoctoral fellow: You will be the leading scientist, the key developer of bioinformatics software in the project (coding in C/C++ and in Python) and you will be involved in computational modeling of RNA, protein, and RNP 3D structures. You will also assist in coordinating daily activities of the project team. You will actively collaborate with other researchers (software developers, molecular modelers, and experimentalists) within the team, in the institute, as well as with international partners. Highly motivated individuals with the ability to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives are encouraged to apply.
• PhD in computer science, life sciences or related area (defended before the start of the contract and not earlier than 7 years before the start of the contract, according to NCN rules)
• Documented extensive experience in programming (Python and/or C/C++)
• Experience in molecular modeling, documented in publications (ideally experience with RNA-protein interactions)
• Organizational capabilities, creativity, proactive and collaborative attitude, communication and interpersonal skills,
• Priority will be given to candidates with expertise most relevant to the project and to the profile of the laboratory.
• Full contract (umowa o pracę) 10 000 PLN/month total cost (~5 300 average net monthly salary)
• Appointment starting between July and October 2018, funding guaranteed for up to 5 years
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Opportunities to apply for additional funding
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
How to apply:
• We will collect applications until May 31st 2018 .
• In the subject include "postdoc-MAESTRO-RNPmodeling" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter (What is your scientific dream and how do you want to fulfill it? What are your key strengths? Why do you want to work with us?), a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including at least one direct supervisor.
• Please include the following statement in your application: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
• Best candidate(s) may be given additional questions and tasks before the final interview.
• The competition may be repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
Informujemy, że konkurs na stanowisko typu post-doc w projekcie pt. "Integratywne modelowanie i ustalanie struktur kompleksów makromolekularnych składających się z RNA i białek" (2017/26/A/NZ1/01083) został rozstrzygnięty, wybranym kandydatem jest pan Nithin Chandran.