- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- Postdoctoral researcher position in crystallography and other structural studies of RNA, proteins, and macromolecular complexes
Postdoctoral researcher position in crystallography and other structural studies of RNA, proteins, and macromolecular complexes
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with experience in crystallography and interested in combining various experimental methods for structure determination of RNAs and RNA-protein complexes.
As a postdoctoral researcher you will lead our experimental structural biology analyses:
Our laboratory has recently extended the scope of techniques used for protein, RNA and RNP structure determination. We are using X-ray crystallography and SAXS and extending our work to include AFM and cryoEM.
The experimental research is linked with the development of modeling methods.
We are now looking for a postdoctoral researcher experienced in macromolecular crystallography
(both in crystallization and crystal structure determination), interested in combining various experimental methods for macromolecular structure determination and in leading the experimental structural biology efforts in the lab.
We particularly encourage applications from candidates interested in a long-term collaboration, possibly in the role of a senior scientist, leading their own projects within the laboratory, submitting their own grant applications and developing a career in an interdisciplinary and international team. Highly motivated individuals are encouraged to apply. Our ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives, coordinate daily activities of the project team, collaborate with other researchers, including experimentalists and theoreticians.
The postdoctoral researcher will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
• PhD in biology, chemistry, physics or related area
• Documented extensive experience in macromolecular crystallography (proteins and/or nucleic acids)
• Experience in protein and RNA biochemistry will be a strong advantage
• Experience in other techniques of structural biology (SAXS, AFM, cryoEM etc.) will be a strong advantage
• Organizational capabilities, creativity, proactive and collaborative attitude, communication and interpersonal skills
• Priority will be given to candidates with expertise most relevant to the project and to the profile of the laboratory
• Full contract (umowa o pracę) initially 11,000 PLN/month total cost (~6,000 average net monthly salary), guaranteed for one year, with extension depending on successful grant/fellowship proposals
• Appointment starting in October 2018
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Opportunities to apply for additional funding
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
How to apply:
• We will collect applications until June 15th 2018
• In the subject include "postdoc-crystallography" and your first and last name
• Your application must be in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter (What is your scientific dream and how do you want to fulfill it? What are your key strengths? Why do you want to work with us?), a description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including at least one direct supervisor.
• Please include the following statement in your application: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
• Best candidate(s) may be given additional questions and tasks before the final interview.
• The competition may be repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.