- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- MSc Student Position
MSc Student Position
Laboratory of Cell Biology
The Laboratory of Cell Biology at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Marta Miaczynska, is seeking a Master’s Student to join the project "Cellular consequences of endosomal dysfunction for proteostasis, metabolism and cancer biology”. This project is carried out under the TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
As a Master’s student you will be involved in executing and reporting results of experiments encompassing the following laboratory techniques: cell culture, transient transfection, protein isolation, Western blotting, RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, qRT-PCR, microscopy, as well as viability, proliferation and clonogenic assays.
• Holds a bachelor/engineer degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or related discipline
• Has strong knowledge and laboratory experience in either cell biology, biochemistry or molecular biology
• Has good presentation and reporting skills
• Has a proactive approach to planning experiments, achieving tasks and objectives, reporting data
• Has good command of English (oral and written)
• Has good interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude as well as ability to focus and work alone
• Priority will be given to candidates with knowledge and expertise most relevant to the project and to the profile of the laboratory.
• Fellowship according to the FNP standard 1500-2500 PLN (depending on experience and commitment) until 31st May 2020
• Fellowship matching your experience and commitment
• Participation in lab meetings and institutional seminars, institutional retreats, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
• Possibility to enhance knowledge in field of cell and cancer biology
• Opportunity to learn a number of biochemical, molecular and cell biology techniques
• Exposure to cutting-edge techniques available at the IIMCB
• Work in international environment
Deadline for applications is January 15th, 2019. Job starting date is February 15st, 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "MSc_Team" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain the following documents: CV, cover letter with a brief answer to the following questions: Why do you want to work with us? What are your key strengths? What is your greatest achievement? What is your scientific dream and how do you want to fulfill it? (max. 1 page, please skip yours and our laboratory contact details), contact details to your BSc supervisor and other potential referees, transcript of records from BSc studies.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
We would like to inform you that the competition for the MSc student position in the project entitled „Cellular consequences of endosomal dysfunction for proteostasis, metabolism and cancer biology” has not been resolved, none of the candidates was selected during the recruitment process.