- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- PhD Student position
PhD Student position
Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics
Laboratory of Zebrafish Developmental Genomics (https://zdglab.iimcb.gov.pl/) at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Cecilia L. Winata, is looking for PhD student. We are looking for a motivated person to join international team studying development processes by applying genomics methods in combination with experimental embryology, genetics, and biochemistry.
You will join the project entitled “Approaching integrative genomics to identify molecular drivers of congenital heart disease”, which is carried out as the OPUS 2018/29/B/NZ2/01010 grant of the Polish National Science Centre, under the supervision of Michal Pawlak, PhD. The project provides unique opportunity to develop cutting-edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) techniques (scRNA-seq, ATAC-seq, CAGE) and bioinformatics tools under collaboration with team members and external collaborators (molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, data scientists and clinicians) from Poland and abroad both from academia and private sector.
The PhD student will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 96/2016 dated October 27, 2016 r.) and the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence.
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
1. Holds a master degree in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics or statistics.
Fulfills the formal criteria for the competition
2. Is eligible for Ph.D. studies in Poland
3. Has good expertise in at least one of following: genomics, bioinformatics, molecular biology (molecular cloning, NGS-library preparation etc.), programming skills (Bash, R and/or Python), experience with zebrafish (preferred but not obligatory).
4. Has very good written and oral communication skills in English
5. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
• Full-time PhD scholarship for 3 years
• 4 500 PLN of full fellowship cost per month
• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
Deadline for applications is January 31st, 2019. Job starting date is March 1st 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "PhD_student_OPUS_ZDG" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, and contact to your MSc Supervisor.
• Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw.
Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
We would like to inform that the competition for PhD position in the project entitled “Approaching integrative genomics to identify molecular drivers of congenital heart disease” has been resolved, the selected candidate is Costantino Parisi.