- Ogłoszenia o pracę
- MSc Student position
MSc Student position
The Auresine Strategic Programme at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Dr Izabela Sabała, is seeking a Master’s Student to join the project "INFECTLESS New generation of antibacterial wound dressing”. This project is carried out under the TEAM Tech programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed from the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.
The Auresine Team is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top ranked (A+) Polish research institutes, that provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Dr Sabala’s team is focused on investigating of new antimicrobial proteins, their activity and potential applications as antimicrobial agents in various areas of industry. It requires involvement of experts in biochemistry (protein engineering, structural biology) nanomaterials, regenerative medicine and industrial biotechnology. The successful candidate will be involved in an exciting multidisciplinary research programme which aims to develop new generation of effective, antimicrobial wound dressings.
• bachelor/engineer degree in biological sciences or related discipline
• solid knowledge in protein biochemistry and/or molecular biology
• laboratory experience in protein biochemistry and/or molecular biology
• Good oral and written command of English
• Fellowship according to the FNP 1500 PLN guaranteed for 10 months
• Participation in lab meetings and institutional seminars, institutional retreats, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
• Opportunity to learn a number of biochemical, molecular and cell biology techniques
• Exposure to cutting-edge techniques available at the IIMCB
• Full technical, administrative and organizational support
• Work in international environment
Job starting date is October 1st, 2019 (the start date is flexible). Deadline for applications is February 22nd, 2019.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview that will take place in February 2019.
How to apply:
• In the subject include "MSc_Team Tech" and your first and last name.
• Your application must be submitted in English and should contain the following documents: CV, cover letter with a brief answer to the following questions: Why do you want to work with us? What are your key strengths? What is your greatest achievement? What is your scientific dream and how do you want to fulfill it? (max. 1 page, please skip yours and our laboratory contact details), contact details to your BSc supervisor and other potential referees.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause.
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
We would like to inform that the competition for MSc position in the project entitled "INFECTLESS New generation of antibacterial wound dressing” has been resolved, the selected candidates are: Łukasz Łężniak and Paulina Brodacka.