- Cookies Policy
1. The service automatically collects data via ‘cookies’. No change to the browser settings means that you accept cookies.
2. ‘Cookies’ are small data files, especially text files, which are stored on the end user’s device and whose purpose is to facilitate the use of the website. Usually, cookies contain the name of the website they originated from, time of their storage on the end user’s device, and the unique number.
3. The entity placing cookie files on the end user’s device is the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology with the registered office in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, postcode 02-109.
4. Cookies are used to:
- adapt the content of the website pages of the service to the user’s preferences and to optimize the use of website pages; in particular these files allow for the service user’s device to be recognized and for appropriate display of the website, according to the user’s needs;
- develop statistics that allow to understand how service users use the website, which makes it possible to improve the structure and content thereof;
- maintain the website user’s session (after log-in), thanks to which the user is not required to re-enter their login and password at every step while exploring sub-sites.
5. The service uses two basic types of cookies: ‘session cookies’ and ‘persistent cookies’. Session cookies are temporary files kept on the end user’s device until the user logs off, leaves the website or turns off the web browser software. Persistent cookies are stored on end user’s device for the time determined in the cookies’ parameters or until their removal by the end user.